Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Not much...

...is going on today.
I had a bleh day for the first part of yesterday. I knew it from the moment I woke up that I was going to struggle to make it through the morning. I was just so damn tired!
So to try & pump myself up and make myself feel better about it all, I over-accessorized...and I didn't care one bit. hahaha. Usually I go fairly minimal. Not yesterday. this is one of my favorite necklaces....but I don't usually wear it, or the earrings I paired with it.

What do you think? Too many faux pearls? Don't care.
haha.
To help get me in a better mood in the mornings I have a new magnet and saying that I look at. It gives me a laugh.

It still makes me laugh.

In other news, I found out that the rack I painted for the Sacramento News & Review will have an artists reception next week on Thursday, and then an open to the public reception on Sacramento's 2nd Saturday Artwalk. Here's my little cheesy flier I made:

I'm thinking about posting it about in a few places. It should be a lot of fun. I can't wait to see what some of the other artists did...I've seen a few, but I know there are a good deal more. It really was such a cool project. If you don't know what it is, check it out in one of my earlier blog sessions here.
 I'll be posting pictures of the reception as soon as I can. It's not until next week, so tune back in next week for more on the show!

**EDIT** - Just found out that the news stand project was featured on one of the local morning news shows, Good Morning Sacramento! I didn't see mine in the clip, but it's great exposure for the project none-the-less!!
check it out:

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The necklace is FANTASTIC and the earrings you paired with it are perfect. Way better than coffee! :)

And I can't wait to see your rack! (HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!)

Unknown said...

hehehehe. good one. . . you said rack. hehehe.
and thanks on the jewelry. :o)